Ann Nobbe envisioned turning her family’s farm into a golf course.
After her tragic death in an automobile accident in January 1990, her parents pursued her dream, naming the course in her honor and beginning construction on May 13, 1991. Two years later, on Memorial Day weekend, May 28, 1993, Annbriar was opened for public play.
Interesting Notes about Annbriar Golf Course
- Annbriar has earned a 4½-star rating from Golf Digest.
- The course covers 226 acres.
- One million yards of earth was moved in Annbriar’s construction.
- During the summer, 700,000 gallons of water per day are used for irrigation.
- The 5½ miles of cart path required 34,000 yards of concrete.
- There are 115 bunkers and 1005 sprinkler heads on the course.
Course designed by Dr. Michael Hurdzan
Other Courses Designed by Dr. Michael Hurdzan Weaver Ridge – Peoria, IL
Naples National – Naples, FL
St. Albans – St. Louis, MO
Golf Digest rated Annbriar one of America’s Top 500 “Places to Play.”
Today an attractive clubhouse is on the site of the original farmhouse, and a large pavilion is located on the site of the old barn. The 100-year-old smokehouse, which still stands, was adopted as the Annbriar logo.